Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10

I recently converted to windows 10. I tried exporting a file to attach it to an e-mail. When I bring up my documents file I find the rendering is not listed there. It is in my Studio Designs/Clients folder. But how do I find it to attach in an e-mail? Thank you.
    Linda

Hi Linda,

Since you're using the Desktop version of Studio, here's my thoughts:

If this was an existing computer and you upgraded to Win 10, your files should be where they have always been inside your My Studio Designs folder if that is where you saved them. You might try doing a search for the file on your computer to find how where they are located.

If this is a new computer, did you copy and move files from your old computer to the new computer via thumb drive?

Comment

This is a new computer. My husband was able to transfer all the previous files. But the new ones I created when I started with 10 are not under Documents:Studio Designs:Clientsname). The files are in Minutes Matters' files.
      Linda

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
        Debbie Green Sutherland commented
        Editing a comment
        You don't remember where you saved them? Try to save another document in MM and see where it tries to save them. Be sure to note the path by clicking the down arrow to see where you are saving the file. If you still can't find them, maybe your husband can help find them for you. Did you do a search on your computer yet?

I can find them in my studio designs/clients folder under minutes matter. The problem lies in when I want to attach one of the plans to an e-mail. I've exported the file and named it appropriately. Before Windows 10, I would hit attach and my documents file would come up, go to studio designs/clients/name and click on the file to attach. When I do that now, previous clients' folders appear, but not the ones I worked on since installing Windows 10. Somehow there must be an additional way to save them in documents and in my studio designs folder??
      Linda

Comment

Editing a comment
        Linda, you should be able to drill down and locate any JPEG's. Windows 10 is no different from other operating systems as far as saving and locating files,.

Is it possible you have two My Studio Designs folders? And you're saving the new clients' folders to this second location? When you first open a new Studio file and save it, can you see where it's going? Can you take a screenshot of the "tree"? Click on the windows icon on the bottom left of your task bar, type in the name of the file, click Documents and then hover the results to see where the file is located. See example example.png

I have Windows 10 with Studio program installed; I save my new work to the Desktop and when I am all finished designing, I create a folder for that project and drag in all the files I want to save. I don't care for the Libraries/Documents system - too convoluted for me! You can create a folder anywhere you want where you can find it again easily. Don't make work for yourself!
      Save

Comment

I've discovered that the problem is with my Outlook program. It keeps saying some products are not activated and although I try to do so, it still does not work. So I am back to using Goggle until I can figure out what is missing in Outlook. BTW, in Windows 10, I am also having a problem with using a signature (permanently) on my outgoing e-mail. The learning curve is killing me!!!
        Linda

Comment

Editing a comment
          Hi Linda, I quit using Outlook 8 years ago and started using Gmail and I haven't regretted it for one minute. You can export all your contacts from Outlook to Gmail fairly easy. Lots of instructions on the internet. Lots of people have left Outlook.
      Working...
      X