Are you using Easy RGB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you using Easy RGB?

Many years ago we discovered this nifty website called Easy RGB. [ http://easyrgb.com/index.php?X=SEEK#Result ] which helps you replicate brand paint colors. One of my Studio "hobbies" is to try to render rooms I see in magazines and on line. This month's Traditional Home cover which features the work of Tobi Fairley was a fun challenge. I thought I had it down pretty well copying from the magazine and its resource list until I checked Tobi's blog and found more photos and the paint color she had used in the bedroom. I was all wrong - not only about the paint but also the curtains and the rug, and a few other points I won't mention http://tobifairley.com/blog/2017/bef...bedroom-scene/

I tried getting the paint color by using Studio's custom colors, but didn't quite achieve the right shade. Easy RGB to the rescue! Plug in the name - Sherwin Williams Creamy - and up come the Red/Green/Blue values to enter in Studio. Then all I had to do was change my line color from a gray to a more pinky-beige.

Compare the two renderings....

If there is any interest, I will share a few more tips on fabric fill for the draperies vs. the chairs, how I did the shiplap, and anything else you'd like to know.
    Save
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

What a difference a paint color can make. Jerry loved recommending Easy RGB to our Studio users.

Comment

I am interested Merlyn..

Comment

Hi Janie! Here's a screenshot of how I did the fabric on the chairs. I was not happy with the way the fill tiled (top image) so I tried the Photo Clip Tool. For curvy shapes it's a bit tedious clicking around the edges, but not difficult. Make sure to change the line color first, then make the shape transparent, before placing it on the rectangle filled with fabric. I made it red in my example to show up better. Flip the outline horizontally to get the opposite view for two chairs.

To get the drapery fabric more realistic looking, I changed the way we usually edit and made the width narrower (uncheck Keep Aspect Ratio) by half, with the height matching the vertical repeat. It's a very large repeat - 50"!
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Imagine my surprise when I visited the EastyRGB site this morning and found it completely updated! My screen shot no longer applies, but the site is still easy to use. To locate the RGB of a favorite brand and color name click on Find Similar Colors, top left. Type in the paint name, select the brand, and then hit compare.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
            Debbie Green Sutherland commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, I found that out last week when I was checking it for one of our users.

I am interested Marilyn, thanks, I am going to try this today. Hope you are having a beautiful day.

Comment

Working...
          X