Critique welcome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critique welcome

Hi there. I am new to Studio and have been practicing. I have attached three renderings that I have done and am open to your feedback. I have concerns about scale and making renderings look more realistic. Pls tell me what you think of what I have done so far.
    Attached Files

How about one word: WOW!! Incredible job on the perspective drawings - so difficult and you did them so well! Your practice is certainly paying off because your drawings look as good as any I saw during my Coaching days!

Two suggestions: 1) when you position a bed, move it so that you see the legs of the headboard in front of the baseboard (watch those dotted lines - you may have to resize the whole drawing to fit everything in; do that when it's all done - group and resize proportionately); 2) the apron sink should be the same height as the counter. Are you using the 1/2" scale to do the kitchen elevations? Not sure about the backsplash - is that to scale? Most mosaic tile designs are quite small.

If you ever watched my webinars, you know I have a "thing" about line color; I noticed that your mouldings have a green tint - is that intentional? I tend to use a medium taupe shade when I change the line color from black on woodwork. To change the window casing and muntins, click twice and then choose Line Color.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Gail Thomas
      Gail Thomas commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much Merlyn. Can't believe I got a wow! I have to admit though that I can't take credit for all the perspective renderings. Many are actual photos that I sourced with the perspective I needed for the rendering. The wall art and rugs for example were unedited other than to decrease the size. The chairs in the turquoise photo liv rm came from wayfair as is. It was challenging though finding the images I needed so I am going to explore using inkscape to assist in creating perspectives of photos I want to use in projects. This You tubevideo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Stkiz2ZXtlk I think can help me get any perspective I need to edit a photo of a rug, to start.

Thank you for the feedback. I take note of the line colour and the kitchen. I will edit it. Understanding the application of scale is causing me a little problem. I hev to watch the webinar on the subject. I am not sure I understand your recommendation regarding the bed. Can you refer me to the video that explains this, if it exists?

Thank you!

• Anna Davis
      Anna Davis commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes you did a great job. As Merlyn said you did a great job on perspective and it is ok to find things that work so you don't have to make the perspective that is just smart. Great job and keep up the hard work.

• Debbie Green Sutherland
      Debbie Green Sutherland commented
      Editing a comment
      I will add a third WOW! I must say you are doing fabulous for a Studio newbie! You even added scenes to your windows!!

TIP: when adding jpegs, click the Camera icon on the left as you begin the post. When you use that feature it adds thumbnails and we can scroll through the images.

Watch as you drag a bed over to position it against the wall - the outline of all the components appears as a dotted line. You don't want it to seem as though it's in alcove, the headboard legs must rest on the floor in front of (in our rendering it's below) the baseboard. Watch any of the webinars with Bedroom in the title, I probably explained it better there!

When you save an image from a vendor's website, note the height or width in the file name, e.g., table lamp 36h. That way when you import it into your 1:20 drawing scale for elevations, you can resize it properly using the dimension tool. Furnishings in the background should be true to the drawing scale, but images in the foreground need to be made larger.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Thank you everyone for the tips and the encoragement. Next time I post, I hope it will be even better!

Comment

Reposting....
        This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

• Anna Davis
          Anna Davis commented
          Editing a comment
          perfect. Question on your farm house sink it looks a little high. As a rule they are usually level will the counter top

• Debbie Green Sutherland
          Debbie Green Sutherland commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Gail,

You are a fast learner! Your logo template looks great! Are you exporting your rendering and importing the exported renderings into your logo template?
      Working...
      X