Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activation Code page keeps popping up

Hi Debbie and Anna,

I have done a forum search but couldn't find the answer to my question. When I try to use Studio after I haven't used it in a while, I get the activation window when I click on it. It has happen to me many times. I have a Dell computer. I just don't understand why it does this. Do you?

Cleo

Hi Cleo, you need to uninstall and reinstall the program with the directions we have or the forum. http://www.minutesmatterstudio.com/f...install-studio

We don't know why this happens but you will find the steps at this link to correct.

Comment

I've uninstalled and reinstalled but my serial number will not work. (The Serial Number is not accepted.). I copied and pasted it. Is there a bit of wizardry or magic I left out?

Comment

• Anna Davis
      Anna Davis commented
      Editing a comment
      When you copy and paste the serial number be sure not to pick up any extra spaces in the front or back of the code. To check just go to the beginning and delete the first letter/number and backspace a few times, then type the number/letter back onto the code. go to the end and delete the last number/letter and hit delete a couple of times and then add the number/letter back onto your code. With your mouse click activate, this should activate your program.

• Debbie Green Sutherland
      Debbie Green Sutherland commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Ellen,

It does sound like you are receiving the "Invalid Format" error message when you try to activate. Like Anna said, be very careful copying/pasting the serial number. Be sure to note the first and last character of the serial number. It is super easy to accidentally copy a space.

I've tried it a dozen times, every time checking and rechecking ALL the numbers. Is there an expiration date on the serial number? It goes in the "Activation Serial Code" spot and then press Activate? Just isn't working.

Comment

Editing a comment
      Did you retrieve your serial number from CustomerHub? I see your serial number begins with a 9 and ends with a 2. Is that what you have? No, your serial number do not expire. Sometimes, however, we do have to clear your licenses when you get new a computer.

• Anna Davis
      Anna Davis commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you do as I suggest go to the front of the activation code and hit backspace a couple of times and go to the end and hit delete a few times.

I copied and pasted the serial number from Customer Hub and it does begin with 9 and ends with 2. I tried as you suggested, Anna. Still doesn't work. I have had this computer for ages and it worked fine the last time I tried it (after Windows 10 upgrade) then suddenly today it's being a pain in the foot. I don't know what else to try. I don't use the program much but I'm in the middle of a master bath reno and used it to do my layout. Now I can't access it and I'm drawing it over by hand. :-(

Comment

Editing a comment
      Hi Ellen,

Since you have Windows 10 type in the "Ask me anything" search box Windows Update and you will see a history of Microsoft updates. There is also an option to uninstall an update. Select that option and then try to open/activate Studio again.

I got in! Yay!!!! Thanks for the help. Not exactly sure what happened but apparently the 25th time is the charm!!!

Comment

Hi Debbie and Anna,

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. Before I uninstall and install it again, I decided to try putting my serial code in the activation page first. It worked the first time! It usually doesn't, so I was very happy about that. Now that it is working, do you think I still need to uninstall and reinstall the program?

Comment

Editing a comment
      Hi Cleo,

No, I don't think you need to uninstall since it's working. Maybe Microsoft has fixed this issue.
Working...
X