Drapery panel heading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drapery panel heading

Looking for this drapery panel heading. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this on an elevation rendering?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

It looks like a cartridge pleat, you can just do a search for the cartridge pleat.

Comment

I don't think so - looks like those ready made panels that have a rod pocket or tab option. These are sheer panels, and the customer wants a relaxed look. Had proposed Euro pleats to begin with.

Comment

it's difficult to get the relaxed look with a rolled heading like that. You might try using this panel and modifying it as shown (ungroup and delete the buttons if you want to use the banding).
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Joan,

I downloaded Merlyn's mms file and played with one of her choices and found that you could ungroup the drapery image. Very few drapery panels themselves can be ungrouped. But this one can. The only problem I am not sure where Merlyn found it. Merlyn??

I ungrouped the entire panel, deleted about a fourth of the sections, altered all remaining sections slightly and then grouped, stretched it out to have wider spacing and used the perspective to help make a little more casual.

And, of course, if it is sheer you would want to change the line color to more gray instead of black.
          Attached Files

Comment

MMS.jpg This is what I ended up with. You guys are awesome!!! Thank you Debbie and Merlyn and Anna for your replies. Feel free to critique Might need to refresh myself on banding via the forum.

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
              Debbie Green Sutherland commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi Joan,

I like it, you ended up using the one Merlyn suggested. I think it looks very close to the photo. Just a question, the table looks really close to the panels, is that correct?

Aren't you glad you posted on the forum? Also, when posting jpegs be sure to click the camera icon on the left it will load as a small thumbnail but enlarge nicely.

You must have downloaded the first mms file I uploaded, Debbie. The one you selected is not a "stock" image but one that I drew, trying to get that rolled heading look. No wonder you couldn't find it!
            I have found that most Studio designs from the toolbox can be ungrouped right down to the close bezier edit points if you keep clicking and choose Properties>Perspective>Protect from Ungrouping.
            The revised file just had this image below.

Your drawing looks great, Joan!

Comment

Yes, Debbie, the table is right up against the wall. How about the attached? I guess I confuse myseslf. The console is 35" high. Do I measure the height of the console and not worry about where it will be when against the wall? Because 35" against the wall is much higher. Thanks for your imput, Merlyn. By the way, Debbie, I am glad I posted to the forum. Received a whole lot of imput.

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
              Debbie Green Sutherland commented
              Editing a comment
              That's what I thinking the table should be probably in the neighborhood of 30 inches high since it's out from the wall a little. When it's sitting away from the wall - I eyeball it.
          Working...
          X