Importing Picture comes in Sideways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing Picture comes in Sideways

I am trying to import a picture into Studio. The picture comes in sideways. What am I doing wrong? Have tried rotating the picture, have checked page layout.

Thanks,
    Gail Broyles

Hi Gail,

You can't rotate a photo inside your Studio software. You can, however, rotate the photo in a photo editing software like Irfanview. Once you rotate the photo be sure to rename it and then import it into Studio.

Comment

Debbie, the photo is in the correct orientation when I look at it on my computer. Is there a reason it comes in sideways? Right, I edited and rotated in my folder, not studio.

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
        Debbie Green Sutherland commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Gail, The only answer we can think of is when you took the photo the button on your phone was on the left instead of the right. Try to make sure when you take photos the Home button is one the right.

hmmm, maybe. Will make sure next time...

Comment

Had to rotate it 360 degrees!

Comment

Editing a comment
          That is strange, 360 would be back where you started right?

...and doesn't matter whether it is rotated 360 right or left, comes in correctly. I imported another pic of the same room without rotating ...on its side even though it is upright in my folder. Go figure.

Comment

Editing a comment
          If the photo comes in sideways in Studio, you have to open and save in a photo editing software and then it will open correctly in Studio. I agree it is strange.

I'm having the same issue!!
        Karen Cowan

Comment

• Anna Davis
          Anna Davis commented
          Editing a comment
          The best way to fix this issue is to open in irfanview and resave. We don't know why but sometimes it will rotate wrong. To resave usually fixes the issue.
      Working...
      X