Copyright symbols on a Mac, PC & Studio Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To's ~ Copyright symbols on a Mac, PC & Studio Online

Open Studio > draw a text box > double click on the word "Static" to highlight > follow one of the options below:

Mac = press the Option key + G (super easy for you Mac users)
    Windows = press the Alt key + 0169 (you must use number pad and not the numbers above the letters)
    Studio Online = after double clicking on the word Static > click the drop-down arrow beside the font box > scroll to the bottom of the fonts > select the font that is two up from WillGrace > press the number 8 key. (See 1st and 2nd screenshot) (The font is the WP Typographic Symbols font; I'm not sure why the name of the font doesn't appear.)

Another Option for Windows users:
    You can access Windows Character Map (see 3rd screenshot) by clicking on your Windows icon in the bottom left corner and typing Charmap.exe. If your Windows computer doesn't have it you can download it from the internet by typing charmap.exe in your browser.

Another Option for Windows user:
    Download the WP Typographic Symbols Font (after you click on the link > click Open in the upper right corner > select Install Font)

How to create the copyright watermark in Studio ~ create a text box enlarge the text > change the font color to a very light gray (or any very light color) > add the copyright symbol.

Examples of copyrights:

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.

And after you have created your text box, group it, right click > Copy > and Paste to save to your Custom Tab. You can use two different fonts, one for the year and name and another for the copyright symbol if your favorite font doesn't have it.

It's the Alt key on a PC with 0169

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
      Debbie Green Sutherland commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Merlyn,

You're right, my Mac keyboard combined the Alt & Option key into one key; Option is the biggest text on the key.

• Anna Davis
      Anna Davis commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a Dell so yes I have to use the character map for my copy right but I am so glad Debbie found the WP Typographic Symbols that I can use instead to me this saves a big step for Dell computer users.
Working...
X