Skewing rug images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skewing rug images

Here is a challenge I always have... I clip images of rugs from vendors websites and use them in presentations. From time to time I want to skew the rug image to look like it is laying on the floor. Is there an easy way to do that? I hoped to clip the image in Studio, then skew it, but it won't stretch that way. I remember a long time ago I use to skew the image in Photoshop then import it. Is that still the best way? I don't actually have that program on my new computer, is there one you all use for that? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hi Amie, we posted a video on how to do this with Irfanview, better yet we did the last webinar on this. Go to customer hub and watch the free webinar in Collection V and watch the video to see how.

Comment

I am having trouble installing the plug ins. I ran the exe and got the message that the installation was successful, but when I try to use the perspective transformation, I am told the plug in is not there. Any suggestions? I will try to restart my computer...

Comment

I figured it out. You have to scroll down on the plug in page to the Adobe plug in and install it ....

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
          Debbie Green Sutherland commented
          Editing a comment
          We love this plugin!! It is so easy to create a perspective on a jpg now. Be sure to watch the video so you can also use the transparency feature as you are saving the edited jpg.

Just an update on how to use the Adobe plug-in: instead of using the "hand" to push up the image into the perspective view, slide the Tilt button on the right to between 50-75, then click OK. Less chance of getting a wobbly image and you don't need to use the Grid which you may accidentally forget to turn off.

To create a perspective view of a painting or wall decor for an angled wall,use the Pan button in the same manner, without the grid.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
        X