No announcement yet.

Kitchen Module - one thing to remember!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studio Modules ~ Kitchen Module - one thing to remember!

Loving the new kitchen module! I often used the regular drawing features to create kitchen plans and elevations -- this is much easier. One thing I have done wrong three times already has crashed the drawing so I'll pass it along. Don't EVER start to drag a thumbnail over and then change your mind and start to "put it back"! It's almost automatic to do that -- big mistake. Once I hadn't set the auto save feature, so I lost about an hour's worth of work. At least I've learned that lesson, and hopefully I will remember it in the future.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

HI Pat,
    Guess what when you are working on designs sometimes we do click to fast and cause the program to crash. You can always look in the auto save area to pick up were you left off. The program is set to save every 5 minutes so you should not lose everything if you forget to save as you are working. The Auto Save is located in the My Studio Design folder.
    • Click on Start
    • Click on Documents
    • Click on My Studio Designs
    • Click on Auto Save Folder
    • If you named the design just look for the name, if you did not name the design just look for MMStudio1

Oh and by the way your design looks great.

Comment

• Pat Stockdon
      Pat Stockdon commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the compliment about my design. I'm still learning, and will always be able to say that about Minutes Matter! I did NOT know about the Auto Save folder, but I've just looked at it -- WOW! Everything is there going back years. It raises another question. I have a D drive for backing up my files. There is a "My Studio Designs" folder there as well as the one on the C drive and I've always used it to file my drawings under clients' names. The D drive folder does not have the Auto Save folder. Would you advise me to move it there so it gets backed up including the Auto Saves?

No you cannot move the files that are created by the program. You can backup the file but you cannot move the Autobackup file or the shapes folder they are program files.

Comment

Here's a helpful planning guide to download - its from Cliq Studios, a kitchen cabinet supplier. They have a step by step video on their site to assist first-time kitchen designers create a floor plan!
      Attached Files
      CliqStudios is the leading online provider of beautiful semi-custom kitchen cabinets.

Comment

Help your client define his or her style. Use this little quiz on line to pinpoint likes and dislikes. You must provide name and email address if you want to view results.
        Cultivate is the online destination for kitchen inspiration and design, offering resources and products from leading architects, designers, showrooms, & manufacturers.

Comment

Working...
        X