Design on a photo in the cloud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studio Online ~ Design on a photo in the cloud

I'm having great fun with the Studio in the Cloud.
    But, I can't figure out how to design on a photo, at the client's home, via the cloud. That is the most important part of Studio for me. My sales territory is large and gas prices are skyrocketing here. Rather than trying to email renderings, and go back and forth, I'd like to be able to do the work with the client in her home. How do I get a photo to Studio in the Cloud? I was thinking about Dropbox, can I set that up in the Cloud? Then I could send a photo to Dropbox and pick it up from there, yes?

Hi Linda, Yes you can install Dropbox on the remote desktop, but you can only sync one folder, the camera folder. Then the photo you take will automatically be in your dropbox to use from the remote desktop when you sign in on your ipad. You will need to keep the folder uptodate and clean so you do not waste any space.

Comment

I don't really understand. I'm not talking just about an Ipad, but a laptop too. Are there instructions somewhere on how to do this? I don't know how to sync stuff. If I sync my camera on the Ipad, does that mean I can't sync with a laptop?

Comment

Hi Linda,
        On the laptop you will sync all your folders, just when you install on the remote desktop you will sync just the one folder for the ipad. Really one has nothing to do with the other. If you would like to purchase some time with me I can help you set it all up.

Comment

Well, I guess the question, right now, is can I use design on a photo on the Ipad? I thought I could but I didn't understand that it would require additional setup cost. And if I wait till I get the laptop, will I have to pay for other changes then, and what will that do to the Ipad stuff? I want to use Studio to do designs at my client's home, and to me designing on a photo is critical to the success of that and is an integral part of Studio. I don't have a whole lot of time, or money, to try to learn a whack of new stuff right now, so I'll just let the three month trial go by and see how I feel then.
          Thanks anyway

Comment

Hi Lynda,

Yes, you can use your iPad to design on a photo with Studio Online. However, remember you don't have access to a mouse on your iPad. When you log into Studio Online on your iPad it is finger gestures only. The only cost involved would be setting up your Dropbox account and helping you get it set up for your computer(s) and Studio Online.

As Anna mentioned they are two totally different accounts. They don't talk to each other unless you use Dropbox to sync all your Client/Studio files. (First, you setup a Dropbox account and you then install and log into your Dropbox account on every device)

The desktop version of Studio is a local installation of Studio on your computer and of course Studio Online is your account which is located in the clouds like a yahoo or gmail account. Dropbox is a cloud storage/backup service which serves as a central place to store ALL your files. We use Dropbox to store ALL and ANY files we create. Millions of companies use Dropbox. It is the most used storage/backup service and to me is a must have for every business owner.

Here is a link to a blog I wrote regarding Dropbox.
            Setting up a backup system to backup your company files is one of the most important projects a business can do. Have you ever felt the horror of losing all y(...)

Comment

Hi Linda, if you are taking a picture with your phone or ipad you can add the setting to save to dropbox. This is the easiest way to have access to the photo from the ipad. On my phone i just open the dropbox app, go to settings and have it sync to dropbox. On the ipad you do the same steps, go to dropbox and change the settings. Now when you are in your remote desktop you can look in dropbox. My favorite way to access my dropbox is to sign in through Firefox, I have access to everything I have in dropbox, double click on your JPEG, then right click and save image as. This will save your picture on your remote desktop, You are now ready to import into your studio program.

Comment

Working...
              X