Add a photo to my profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To's ~ Add a photo to my profile

I'm trying to add my picture to my profile and I can't remember how to do it. Can someone refresh my memory and give me some direction.
    Thanks,
    Robin
    Robin Jordan
    La Ruche' Window Couture
    www.LaRucheWindow.com

Robin@Laruchewindow.com

Go up to the top right and under your name, click on the down arrow and choose My Profile. Hover over the default avatar until you see Edit Avatar. Click and then upload your photo from your computer or from Facebook or other on line source.

Comment

Hi Robin,
      Here's a screenshot of the Edit Avatar text you will see.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hi Debbie and Merlyn,
        When I click on the Avatar nothing happens. I do see Edit Avatar but when I try to click on it it disappears.
        Robin Jordan
        La Ruche' Window Couture
        www.LaRucheWindow.com

Robin@Laruchewindow.com

Comment

Yes, the same thing happens to me...it disappears when I click on Edit Avatar.

Comment

Move your mouse slowly like you're trying to sneak up on it.

Our programmers were working on the forum Wednesday and it appears people have to clear their cookies/cache to correct the issue. Eventually, your cookies/cache will correct itself for the forum. We will log in as you an add a shopping girl then you can easily change it to your photo.

Comment

Hi Ladies sorry you were having problems with your Avatar. I have added a tassel for your avatar so you should be able to easily be able to click on the edit area now and add your picture.

Comment

Thanks Anna...maybe the tassel looked better???

Comment

You look mahvelous, dahling! I hope Robin can join Joan with an attractive avatar!!!

Comment

I have read these posts as I am having the same problem with the Edit Avatar when I try to click on it. I even tried sneaking up on it. I don't understand the tassel solution. I also still have trouble when I first get on the Lounge. I have to sneak up and circle around my name until it turns purple and then I am on. Very annoying.

Janie

Comment

Hi Janie,

Do you go by Janie instead of Jane? I will update your record if that is the name you prefer.

I added an avatar for you. Now, you will be able to edit your profile; you won't have to sneak up on it to change it. It is a programming glitch with the new forum update.

I didn't realize people had trouble signing in. I'll check that out. Did you try to click the box "Remember me?" What internet browser are you using Internet Explorer, FireFox, Safari or Chrome?

Comment

My name is Jane and lots of people call me Janie. I don't even realize I sign that way sometimes. Better leave it Jane. I was able to edit my avatar but the picture doesn't fit into the square. I need to resize it?
                        I have had problems signing in since the change. I use Firefox. I also tried Chrome and that didn't help. I don't actually have to sign in, I just have to click on my name and I have to find just the right spot for it to work.

Thanks

Comment

Okay, you'll be known as Jane to us. Yes, resize your photo to be a square.

Where are you seeing your name? On the FF bookmark toolbar or in the Lounge? Normally, as soon as a person clicks on the bookmark for The Lounge it automatically signs them in if they have checked the "Remember Me" box. You shouldn't have to click on your name. Can you give me a screenshot?
                          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Look what I am learning?? Let's see if I did it correctly.
                            This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

I see you're in The Lounge. When you see your name that indicates you're already signed in. You don't have to click on the down arrow to do anything else.

If you weren't signed in you would see a message saying "Looks like you need to sign in . . . . "

Comment

Hi Janie,
                                I see where you have changed your profile picture is there more you are trying to do. You might go to customer hub and watch the video I did showing how to sign in and click remember then you will not have to sneak up on it. LOL I love that Janie.

Comment

Joan great picture, notice I have started using avatar pictures of girls and guys now until people change their pictures. I am really hoping everyone will add pictures. It really makes me feel like we are talking face to face instead of a cold computer.

Comment

Anna - I have checked remember me and it does remember my password but I don't stay logged in. I have to find just the right spot on my name and click on my name and then I can proceed.

Janie

Comment

Do you have your browser set to delete history when you exit the Internet?

Comment

I will check but I don't think so. The Lounge is the only place I have trouble.

Janie

Comment

Working...
                                        X