No announcement yet.

Is there a way to rotate a design?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studio Modules ~ Is there a way to rotate a design?

I have a cornice design I placed on a photo. The photo is slightly askew and I just want to rotate the cornice slightly to make it look straight. Is there a way to do this? It's got a shaped bottom so I really didn't want to get into double-clicking to get the red points and try to adjust each one. Thank you!

Never mind ... I found it!

Comment

Glad you found it!

IMPORTANT TIP: It is possible to rotate a .mms but it is not possible to rotate a .jpeg image. For example, if you import a piece of furniture, accessory or lighting fixture you could not rotate those image types because they are .jpeg images. I know you didn't ask but want to make sure you knew this for the future.

Comment

When you double click on a Studio image to activate the red perspective edit points, you will see only the eight edit points - corners and center top/bottom and sides. To skew slightly, move a corner edit point up or down to match the angle of the photo. If you see more than eight, click on the Edit Points icon in the Drawing Tools to change from multiple points back to eight.

To rotate a design, use the "handle" on the highlighted image - it looks like a green circle with a dotted line. When your cursor touches it, a circular icon appears. Turn to desired angle. This takes some practice to adjust an image minutely.

Most of the time it's better to start out with a photo fix, so that you don't have to make adjustments when you import the photo of the client's room into Studio. Photoshop Elements (currently under $70 on www.amazon.com) has a handy little tool that takes literally a half second to straighten a crooked photo perfectly.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
        X