Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will there be more/new hardware images available for Studio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there be more/new hardware images available for Studio?

You know I was going through my Studio program tonight thinking about making a new brochure. What I thought was missing from my window treatments was modern window treatments and modern hardware. I found a great hardware company with fantastic finals and rods and would love to be able to incorporate some of them into my treatments. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Debbie Green Sutherland; 07-06-2013, 08:40 PM.

For a brochure I would suggest using actual photographs of the hardware. At the 1:20 drawing scale, details and finishes are difficult to see. What type of modern window treatments are you doing and would like to see in the program?

Comment

Thank you Merlyn for the suggestions here. I have been making a lot of shaped cornices with a modern flair to them. Seams the designs that are coming through my workroom are very clean lined and modern. Curved bottoms on the cornices. Layered levels on cornices, lots of panels that are clean lined with unusual design elements to them. I know I should just design them in studio. I just thought you all could make some for us all and then I would purchase the designs.

Comment

I'm stumped as to what to do with this bank of windows. Any design help would be greatly appreciated.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

What is the need - privacy, light control, just decorative or ?? I would probably suggest roman shades on the lower windows and door and a valance above all. Has a fabric been chosen?

Comment

• simply slips
            simply slips commented
            Editing a comment
            Trying to post message says I can't>

Thanks Merlyn, No fabric has been chosen.Privacy is an issue because windows are ground level and you can see the golf course. They were thinking about covering the bottom one's with top down bottom up. shades. A valance across the top would work. Colors are sage green sectional, dark hardwoods with a large blue, green and creamy yellow floral needlepoint rug. The wall color is light yellow with orange tint. Your help is appreciated...

Comment

Shades and valance in the same family as the wall color (hard to tell in the dark photo) with an inset banding in blue or green would be a good choice for a tailored treatment. Doing TDBU Romans to comply with the new shade safety standards will take a bit of engineering in the fabrication. You could also do shutters painted to match the woodwork.

Comment

Working...
            X